PriceWatcher Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PriceWatcher?
- I like the old name. Why do you change it to PriceWatcher?
- Is PriceWatcher free?
- Does PriceWatcher contain any spyware or adware? Will my email information be collected?
- Why is an "Not yet released" item shown as "in stock" in PriceWatcher?
- Does PriceWatcher check information of third-party items?
- Why is there no Italia store?
- Why does it not work on Kindle books?
What is PriceWatcher?
PriceWatcher is a software tool that can monitor availability and price drop of the products on Amazon.com.
I like the old name. Why do you change it to PriceWatcher?
The old name violated Amazon's trademark, as we were told. So we had to change it.
Is PriceWatcher free?
PriceWatcher free version is fully featured and has no expiration date. The only limitation is you can only watch up to 5 items at a time. To lift the limit, you need to purchase a license.
Does PriceWatcher contain any spyware or adware? Will my email information be collected?
PriceWatcher is 100% clean. It does not contain any kind of spyware/adware/malware. Your email and/or any kind of personal information will NOT be collected.
Why is a "Not yet released" item shown as "in stock" in PriceWatcher?
As long as the item is available for pre-order on Amazon.com, it is guaranteed to be available on the release date. So technically it is in stock, since it can be ordered NOW.
Does PriceWatcher check price information of third-party items?
Yes. Release version 1.0 added support for third-party items.
Why is there no Italia store?
Italia and China store have just been added to version 1.7.2.
Why does it not work on Kindle books?
Well, because Amazon's API doesn't work on Kindle book price. Simple as that.